The International Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic Computation
St. Petersburg, Russia, July 18-23
The International Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic Computation (ISSAC) is the premier conference for research in symbolic computation and computer algebra. ISSAC 2021 will be the 46th meeting in the series, which started in 1966 and has been held annually since 1981. The conference presents a range of invited speakers, tutorials, poster sessions, software demonstrations and vendor exhibits with a center-piece of contributed research papers.
All areas of computer algebra and symbolic computation are of
interest at ISSAC 2021. These include, but are not limited to:
- Exact and symbolic linear, polynomial and differential algebra
- Symbolic-numeric, homotopy, perturbation and series methods
- Computational algebraic geometry, group theory and number theory, quantifier elimination and logic
- Computer arithmetic
- Summation, recurrence equations, integration, solution of ODEs & PDEs
- Symbolic methods in other areas of pure and applied mathematics
- Complexity of algebraic algorithms and algebraic complexity
- Design of symbolic computation packages and systems
- Language design and type systems for symbolic computation
- Data representation
- Considerations for modern hardware
- Algorithm implementation and performance tuning
- Mathematical user interfaces
- Use with systems for, e.g., digital libraries, courseware, simulation and optimization, automated theorem-proving, computer-aided design, and automatic differentiation.
- Applications that stretch the current limits of computer algebra algorithms or systems, use computer algebra in new areas or new ways, or apply it in situations with broad impact.